I am in love with shantaram.. funnily so ,the number of pages that i have ear-marked in this book are so many, plainly because there are so many lines i stop at and run my fingers through and think to myself - 'isnt that how i felt'...
I posted quote unquote with not much thought, just with my love for the depth in it words..
but now, read this one... it is what i am now.. in feelings and in wake...hmmm
[Karla and Lin stood looking down from the 35th floor of a building, the municipal workers destroy the slums of many.. Lin kisses Karla and expresses his love for her ...] and then...
Karla : " look i dont want to be in love. i dont want anyone to be in love with me. It hasnt been good to me. this romance thing"
Lin: " I dont think it's kind to anyone,Karla"
K: "My point , exactly"
L:" but when it happens, you haven't got a choice. I dont think it is something any of us do by choice. And... I dont want to put any pressure on you.I am just in love with you, thats all. I've been in love with you for a while , and finally i had to say it. It doesnt mean you have to do anything about it - or me either, for that matter. "
K: "I am still.. i dont know.I am just... Jesus! But i am happy to like you. I like you a lot. i'll be head over heels in like with you, lin, if thats enough. "
"is that enough?"
L:"Sure ( he lied) sure"
But already like the people in the ghetto, hundreds of feet below, I was picking through the smashed houses in my heart, and rebuilding on the ruin.
From Shantaram
hmmm beautifully depicted a lost battle of love.. or something like that...
Signing off
Me

I wanna say... lovely excerpt! Could relate to the emotions behind the printed word...!
ReplyDelete