Shantaram is taking its toll on me.This book is like a Holy one to me.. I am ear marking more and more pages because they all are lessons we ( or I) have wanted to or learnt in life.
This is my latest addition.. read on...
"....ashamed of the cold selfishness that had stolen my pity and pierced by the courage and loneliness of the little boy, i listened to his sleeping breath, and let him cling to the ache in my heart. Sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. Sometimes we cry with everything except tears.In the end that's all there is : love and its duty, sorrow and its truth. In the end that's all we have- to hold on tight until the dawn. "
Reading these lines in the middle of the night on my bed, i burst into tears. Half because of the warmth in the story and half because i realized thats all I too had, to hold on to or maybe even lesser.. I haven't cried like that in months and as I looked my crying self in the mirror I realized I didn't even want to see that face.It was one of those nights when everything had collapsed around me and nothing could give me composure...
hmmm... an incomplete post...
Signing off
Me
This is my latest addition.. read on...
"....ashamed of the cold selfishness that had stolen my pity and pierced by the courage and loneliness of the little boy, i listened to his sleeping breath, and let him cling to the ache in my heart. Sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. Sometimes we cry with everything except tears.In the end that's all there is : love and its duty, sorrow and its truth. In the end that's all we have- to hold on tight until the dawn. "
Reading these lines in the middle of the night on my bed, i burst into tears. Half because of the warmth in the story and half because i realized thats all I too had, to hold on to or maybe even lesser.. I haven't cried like that in months and as I looked my crying self in the mirror I realized I didn't even want to see that face.It was one of those nights when everything had collapsed around me and nothing could give me composure...
hmmm... an incomplete post...
Signing off
Me

Which one are you talking about here... I am not a great reader (espcially novels)... But this one sounds interesting... May be I should try this... (Let me feed my brain some good thoughts...)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Fellow Species.