September Words: Agape

I guess I am in love with this word - Agape... it is Greek for a form of love and largely has found place in the Biblical works.

Agapē (ἀγάπη agápē) means "love" in modern day Greek, such as in the term s'agapo (Σ'αγαπώ), which means"I love you". In Ancient Greek it often refers to a general affection rather than the attraction suggested by "eros"; agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for a good meal, one's children, and the feelings for a spouse. It can be described as the feeling of being content or holding one in high regard."
(courtesy Wikipedia)

But its just the 'love' in this agape that I am talking about. Love , such an elusive word it is.. I once learnt that loving someone and being in love with someone were two different things. I have loved and continue to love many people to date... and yes I love them for being in my life... but those whom I have been in love with, I love them dearer. I dont know its a strange thing with the way love itself is in my life. its very... mercury like ! Yes, just like that slowing beautiful metal, Love in my life has taken many shapes and forms.. Each an example to remember.

The worst is the kind which is left incomplete. The kind of torn flesh hanging lose from an amputated arm like(sorry that was gross!). But thats the most painful one to live with. You can deal with bad endings, mutual good byes and even rude retorts but to live with the amputated arm to look at and grieve from within.

I dont know what it was that It held, but It seems dearer than anything else and though with all pride and head held high I walked away from It , It still hangs around. Its a very disturbing feeling.. like they say in tamil ' mellavum mudiyaamal, muzhungavum mudiyamal' its nearly that bad... No! I am not love struck but those times still tick by in my heart and STILL, god damn bloody STILL I look back and wait to see if It was gonna surprise me from nowhere...

But It is mercury like... slips out of your fingers faster than the sands of time... so, what now? I dont know whether I hate or love Love cos it never stays long enough to let me decide..

lol before you stain my character with your thoughts, I am just saying that Love is love when it is from A source but with varying forms.. guess after a real long its just me thinking about wanting to go on bike rides and moon lit walks and stupid hangout times with someone to call 'my guy'!! such a girl I am!!! lol :P

God, you listening? :)


Signing Off
Me


1 comment:

  1. just stumbled across this place..

    ah agape..thats a new word im coming across.

    Just feeling im facing the the same about mellavum mudiyaamal, muzhungavum mudiyamal' ..been there felt that kinds situations!

    anywayz dont worry..things will be fine :) I know its easy to say kinds..but still!

    ReplyDelete